Thank you for considering adopting from Jake's Wish Dog Rescue and helping save a life!
NOTE: In the wake of COVID-19, we have cancelled our group adoption events until further notice. Instead, we schedule one-on-one meet and greets and adoptions. If you are interested in one of our dogs, please submit an application.
Here is our adoption process:
1. Look over our adoptable dogs to see which one might be a great new best friend for your family.
2. Complete an Adoption Application for the dog you are interested in.
3. If your application appears to be a good fit for the dog you are interested in, we will reach out to you (and other top applicants) for a phone interview in approximately 3-5 days. Unfortunately, due to volume, we are not able to interview all applicants for every dog.
4. Based on the interviews conducted for a dog, we will make a meet and greet offer to the family we think is the best fit for the needs of the individual dog. When we interview families for our litters of puppies, each family is given a number based on several factors. Family #1 gets first pick, family #2 gets second pick, and so on. We can't guarantee a specific puppy – you need to meet them all!
5. If it feels like a match at the meet-and-greet, you are able to adopt at that time! Meet-and-greets and adoptions of our adult dogs and puppies will be individually scheduled until shelter-in-place orders are lifted.
6. To make your adoption official, you will sign an adoption contract. Our adoption fee is $360. All of our dogs are vaccinated, spayed or neutered, and microchipped prior to adoption. Puppies may require additional vaccinations (depending on age) to be paid for by the adopter.